Lake of the Sky Outfitters is now PCT Central for all Pacific Crest Trail thru hikers for 2013. We will be your place to go for resupply when you come to South Lake Tahoe. We carry a full line of equipment, food, footwear, repairs, and more. Lake of the Sky Outfitters is located just 9 miles from where the PCT reaches Highway 50 at the Sno Park/Tahoe Rim Trail trailhead on Echo Summit. We are located conveniently at the "Y" which is where you will enter South Lake Tahoe. Everything you might need is located within .5-1 mile of the Y. Bus service is available throughout the main highway through town, as well as the Nifty Fifty Trolly.
We are a drop point for your packages so you can ship them directly to us instead of the Post Office. We are open 7 days a week so you won't have to wait around for them to open.
Packages can be mailed to yourself in care of:
Lake of the Sky Outfitters
1023 Emerald Bay Road
South Lake Tahoe, Calif. 96150
We have free Wi Fi and hot and cold drinks available and we offer a PCT thru hikers discount. We have names of Trail Angels in the area as well. So stop by, say hi, sign our log book and get you picture taken for our in store wall, FB and this web page. To see previous years hikers click on links below:
Class of 2012
Class of 1979
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Some Helpful Links:
Pacific Crest Trail Association
Pacific Crest Trail Water Report
Halfmile's Pacific Crest Trail Maps
PCT L List Info Page
Plan Your Hike
Pacific Crest Trail Atlas
Services Within One Mile of the Y of Lake of the Sky Outfitters
- Raleys~ large grocery store, have just about everything you might need. Right across the street.
- K-Mart~right across the street
- CVS Pharmacy~right next door
- Mr Suds Laundromat~949 Emerald Bay Road, just across the intersection
- Apex Inn ~ a thru hiker favorite, short walk
- Tahoe Valley Campground~showers and laundry, short walk
- BOA Versatel~just around the corner
- Wells Fargo~inside Raleys
- Donut Shop~across the street
- Starbucks~across the street
- McDonalds~right next door
- Subway~right next door
- Taco Bell~across the street
- Straw Hat Pizza~across the street
- Lake Tahoe Pizza Co.~1168 Emerald Bay Road~short walk
- Berts Cafe - 1146 Emerald Bay Rd. -short walk
- Beach Hut Deli~across the street
- Hunan Garden~Chinese~900 Emerald Bay Road~short walk
- Cantina~Mexican Food~765 Emerald Bay Road~short walk
- Rockwater & Murphy's Irish Pub~787 Emerald Bay Road~short walk
- Passaretti's~Italian~1181 Emerald Bay Road~short walk
- Ernie's Coffee Shop~1207 Emerald Bay Road~short walk
Being a resort town, South Lake Tahoe offers a multitude of restaurants, motels, etc. From the Y it is 7 miles to Stateline, where the casinos are located. If you are interested in getting your fill of food you might want to check out the buffets at the casinos. Bus service is available to Stateline.
Happy Trails and we hope to see you along your journey!